Please read the below information before lodging your entry. For further queries please contact email@example.com or President Jenny Broun on 0419 040 063 Vice President Marylou Hutchinson on 0427 085 511 Exhibition Secretary Ashton Edmonds on 0426 161 943
EXHIBITION SECTIONS Section 1 – Dry Media (no liquid fluid media accepted) Section 2 – Aqua Based Media (e.g. watercolour, gouache, tempera, casein) Section 3 – Oils (e.g. tubed, alkyd, water soluble, oil pastels including oil over acrylic) Section 4 – Acrylics Section 5 – Mixed Media (two or more compatible media) Section 6 – Printmaking (any medium) Section 7 – Small Artworks (Maximum size including frame not to exceed 30cm x 30cm) Section 8 - Plein Air (Any media, no studio adjustment) Section 9 - Children's (Under 5 years | 5 to 7 years | 8 to 11 years | 12 to 15 years)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1.All entries preferably made online via the Beverley Station Arts website. Entries are limited to two (2) artworks per person. A payment fee of $25 per entry (or $5 per entry for section 9) must be made with submission or the entry will be considered invalid.
2.All work must be entrant’s OWN UNAIDED AND ORIGINAL WORK and completed within one year prior to Exhibition. Any works painted partially by an instructor will be excluded from exhibiting. Nor can someone enter the artwork of an artist who is now deceased.
3.Any works found not to be an original will not be eligible for a prize. Paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if copyright-free) are NOT eligible. Reference photos must belong to the artist entering.
4.This is a traditional painting/drawing competition, so photography, ai, digital, printed or painted over photographs are prohibited.
5.All exhibits must be labelled with name, section, title and selling price clearly visible when the artwork is hung. See artwork tags provided below.
6.All artworks must not exceed one square metre including frame except Section 7 entries which must not exceed 30x30cm including frame. Entries must be dry and fitted with wire/cord for hanging. Section 8 works may be mounted only but must be ready for hanging (eg with wire or similar attached).
7.All artworks MUST be for sale and be available for collection by purchaser as per clause 13 (excluding Section 9). A commission of 25% will be charged on the GST exclusive price of all sales. (Note: Artist’s asking price must include commission and GST if applicable.)
8.The Committee reserves the right to reject or reclassify any exhibit. Entry and handling fees will not be refunded. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Entries close Friday 8 March 2024.
9.All works accepted will be adjudicated by two (2) judges, neither of whom have judged together at the Beverley Art Prize more than once. Awarding of prizes is at the judges’ discretion.
10.Exhibitors are responsible for own insurance. No liability is accepted for any loss or damage at depots or during transit, but all reasonable care will be taken during the Exhibition.
11.All proceeds from the sale of artworks will be processed within 35 days of the Exhibition.
12. The Committee may allow any works entered to be reproduced in any medium for the purpose of promotion eg photographic media.
13. Entry forms may be reproduced by photocopy or email. Entries can be mailed together with payment including cash/cheque or proof of EFT payment receipt. Cheques to be made out to Beverley Station Arts Inc.
14. Unsold Artworks may be collected AFTER 2.00pm on the last day of the Exhibition after checking with stewards, OR the Receival Depots on days allocated (see below) after which time the uncollected art-work will be disposed of by the committee in such a way as deemed fit.
15. LAW: All entries must comply with Australian Law; this is the full responsibility of the Artist. The laws will include Copyright, Indigenous and Cultural Law and Local, State and Federal Law.
PRIZES 1. A $5,000 ANNUAL NON-AQUISITIVE PRIZE is to be awarded by BEVERLEY STATION ARTS to the artist whose work is judged the overall winner of the exhibition.
2. Additional NON-ACQUISITIVE PRIZES: Section 1 – $1000 Dry Media (no liquid fluid media accepted) Section 2 – $1000 Aqua Based Media (e.g. watercolour, gouache, tempera, casein) Section 3 – $1000 Oils (e.g. tubed, alkyd, water soluble, oil pastels including oil over acrylic) Section 4 – $1000 Acrylics Section 5 – $1000 Mixed Media (two or more compatible media) Section 6 – $1000 Printmaking (any medium) Section 7 – $750 Small Artworks (Maximum size including frame not to exceed 30cm x 30cm) Section 8 - $750 Plein Air Section 9 - Children's Awards $20 Under 5 years $40 5 - 7 years $60 8 - 11 years $80 12 - 15 years
3. Additional Prizes included in Sections 1 – 8 $400 Young Artist Award (artists aged 16 – 25 years) $750 Best Local Artist (artist residing in the post code 6304) $150 Public Choice